Action Pest Services provides treatment for wasps. Wasps are pollinating insects that are beneficial to the health of our environment, unfortunately bees can give painful stings to humans or pets when agitated. There are many different species of pollinating insects, and it’s important to accurately identify the type of pollinating insects around your home because wasps can be mistaken for bees or hornets.
There are several physical characteristics that help to identify a wasp:
- Wasp: Wasps are between 16-20 mm in length, Have a solid black or brown color with yellow or reddish markings, and long legs.
- Images of wasps can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Wasps
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a wasp infestation:
- A large garden full of flowers and other pollinating plants.
- Outdoor furniture that bees can burrow in to, looking for a new place to live.
- Sugary substances left outside, such as a soda spill inside a garbage can.
Wasp Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce wasp infestations:
- Plant flowers and pollinating plants further away from the house.
- Periodically inspect outdoor furniture for bees.
- Keep garbage cans and patios clean.
- Call a professional pest control service to receive proper treatments of baits and other preventive measures.
A wasp infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.