Cockroaches are very common and widely despised pests. Finding roaches in your home is upsetting, especially when you realize there may be many more that you haven’t seen. Action Pest Services has extensive experience with roach control. Our pest control experts can help you get rid of roaches and stop new infestations.
Our roach control experts are ready to answer your call. Get in touch with us at (864) 301-6535 to arrange service.
Eliminating Cockroaches from Your Home
Cockroaches can enter your home through cracks in the foundation or around windows and doors, air conditioning units, and small holes in the house. Sometimes, they get in the house in packages or luggage. Effective cockroach control requires a combination of pest control service and exclusion methods.
We can assess your roach problem and recommend the most effective roach control methods to keep them out. Our regular pest control service covers a wide variety of household pests, including roaches. We can recommend a service schedule that is best suited to your needs.
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.
“We typically have Robin come out to our house, he is super nice and knowledgeable. Highly recommend this company and I share their name to everyone we know. We have never had any pest issues in the homes they have covered for us.”- Amanda B.
“I had a "Termite Protection" done on my home today and could not have been more pleased with the work Matt, the technician, performed! I will definitely recommend Action Pest Service to my friends and family because of the superior service!”- Mitzy H.
There are a few different types of roaches in our area of the country. Accurately identifying the type of cockroach and determining how they are getting inside is important for effective roach control. We are experienced with all the most common types of roaches.
We offer effective pest control for common roaches, such as:
- American cockroaches: These roaches are reddish brown in color and often have a “figure-eight” pattern behind the head. These roaches are large and may grow up to three inches long. Both males and females have wings.
- German cockroaches: German roaches are the most common type of cockroaches found inside homes. This is a smaller species with a tan or light brown color and oval shape. They have black stripes running down from the head and also have wings, but don’t fly very well.
- Brown banded cockroaches: This type of roach is recognizable for their light brown color with darker brown bands. This roach is smaller than most others and only gets about a half inch long.
- Oriental cockroaches: Also known as water bugs, these roaches are a shiny black color and grow up to an inch long. These roaches don’t fly and often prefer to live in cool and damp places.
Cockroaches can cause a variety of problems when they infest a home or commercial property. They can trigger allergic reactions in susceptible people. Additionally, roaches can spread viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens that they come in contact with in garbage or drains.
Regular pest control can help eliminate roaches from inside your house. If you want to prevent reinfestations, there are steps that you can take to make your home less accessible to pests.
To reduce future roach infestations, you can:
- Use garbage cans with tight lids
- Move compost piles away from the house
- Pick up pet food dishes
- Eliminate water sources
- Check for gaps or holes around windows and doors
- Keep firewood and shrubs away from the house
- Make sure the grass is kept trimmed
- Clean up food messes in the kitchen
If you need help with roaches or other pests, we encourage you to get in touch with us for a professional inspection. We can evaluate your needs and provide a free estimate for service to get rid of roaches and other pests.
Action Pest Services knows a lot about pests that are common to South Carolina. Learn more about the pests we frequently encounter and how we can help you control them.Learn More
Take a look at the services we provide in your area, if you don't see your city listed please give us a call to find out if we service your community.View All