Cockroaches are very common and widely despised pests. Finding roaches in your home is upsetting, especially when you realize there may be many more that you haven’t seen. Action Pest Services has extensive experience with roach control. Our pest control experts can help you get rid of roaches and stop new infestations.
Why Are Cockroaches “Bad”?
Action Pest Services, offering Simpsonville Roach Control services, knows how dangerous cockroaches can be to your home. These pests carry a number of illnesses that are harmful to humans and pets, such as Salmonella and E. coli.
They also spread allergens throughout the area in which they inhabit, causing allergic reactions. Cockroaches can also contaminate food supplies, spreading bacteria and other pathogens in their wake.
Action Pest Services is committed to keeping Simpsonville residents safe from the potential dangers of cockroaches by providing effective roach control services. Our team of professionals is highly trained and experienced in eliminating cockroach infestations using advanced technology and integrated pest management approaches.
We have the knowledge and skills to ensure your property is free from cockroach infestations. Contact Action Pest Services today for reliable Simpsonville roach control services.
Our roach control experts are ready to answer your call. Get in touch with us at (864) 301-6535 to arrange your service.
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches
There are a variety of measures you can take to help get rid of roaches in your home. These measures will help get rid of existing roaches as well as keep other roaches from returning in the future.
Remove Access to Food
Keeping your home clean is the easiest way to prevent roaches from returning. Roaches can survive for up to two weeks without water and three months without food. For this reason, you will need to keep your house extremely clean at all times.
This means you will need to:
- Clean spills and crumbs immediately
- Wash and dry dishes immediately after use and put them away
- Empty out and clean your cabinets
- Clean underneath your sink
- Clean under all large kitchen appliances, especially the refrigerator as this is a common hiding spot for roaches
- Thoroughly clean out your garbage cans
- Take out the trash more frequently
- Vacuum and mop your floors often
- Keep pet food dishes covered or sealed
- Keep all food in air-tight, sealed containers including cereal, sugar, flour, and other dry ingredients
Eliminate Hiding Spaces and Points of Entry
Cockroaches can enter your home through:
- Cracks in the foundation or around windows and doors
- Air conditioning units
- And small holes in the house
Sometimes, they get in the house in packages or luggage. Effective cockroach control requires a combination of pest control service and exclusion methods.
It is necessary to:
- Throw away all cardboard boxes and unnecessary papers
- Seal all possible entry points into your home, such as cracks, crevices, gaps between tiles, and any other openings
- Ensure all door and window frames do not have gaps to the outside
Eliminate Standing Water
- Ensure that you do not have leaky pipes or plumbing
- Empty the dish tray beneath your refrigerator
- And dry out your sink
Call a Professional Simpsonville Roach Control Expert
Since roaches are highly adaptive and extremely difficult to remove on your own, we recommend calling in the team at Action Pest Services to remove roaches from your home, once and for all.
We can assess your roach problem and recommend the most effective roach control methods to keep them out. Our regular pest control service covers a wide variety of household pests, including roaches. We can recommend a service schedule that is best suited to your needs.
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.
“We typically have Robin come out to our house, he is super nice and knowledgeable. Highly recommend this company and I share their name to everyone we know. We have never had any pest issues in the homes they have covered for us.”- Amanda B.
“I had a "Termite Protection" done on my home today and could not have been more pleased with the work Matt, the technician, performed! I will definitely recommend Action Pest Service to my friends and family because of the superior service!”- Mitzy H.
There are a few different types of roaches in our area of the country. Accurately identifying the type of cockroach and determining how they are getting inside is important for effective roach control. We are experienced with all the most common types of roaches.
We offer effective pest control for common roaches, such as:
- American cockroaches: These roaches are reddish brown in color and often have a “figure-eight” pattern behind the head. These roaches are large and may grow up to three inches long. Both males and females have wings.
- German cockroaches: German roaches are the most common type of cockroaches found inside homes. This is a smaller species with a tan or light brown color and oval shape. They have black stripes running down from the head and also have wings, but don’t fly very well.
- Brown banded cockroaches: This type of roach is recognizable for their light brown color with darker brown bands. This roach is smaller than most others and only gets about a half inch long.
- Oriental cockroaches: Also known as water bugs, these roaches are a shiny black color and grow up to an inch long. These roaches don’t fly and often prefer to live in cool and damp places.
Cockroaches can cause a variety of problems when they infest a home or commercial property. They can trigger allergic reactions in susceptible people. Additionally, roaches can spread viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens that they come in contact with in garbage or drains.
Regular pest control can help eliminate roaches from inside your house. If you want to prevent reinfestations, there are steps that you can take to make your home less accessible to pests.
To reduce future roach infestations, you can:
- Use garbage cans with tight lids
- Move compost piles away from the house
- Pick up pet food dishes
- Eliminate water sources
- Check for gaps or holes around windows and doors
- Keep firewood and shrubs away from the house
- Make sure the grass is kept trimmed
- Clean up food messes in the kitchen
If you need help with roaches or other pests, we encourage you to get in touch with us for a professional inspection. We can evaluate your needs and provide a free estimate for service to get rid of roaches and other pests.
Action Pest Services knows a lot about pests that are common to South Carolina. Learn more about the pests we frequently encounter and how we can help you control them.Learn More
Take a look at the services we provide in your area, if you don't see your city listed please give us a call to find out if we service your community.View All