Greenville, SC Bee Control Professionals
Action Pest Services provides treatment for bees. Bees are pollinating insects that are beneficial to the health of our environment, unfortunately bees can give painful stings to humans or pets when agitated. There are many different species of bees, and it’s important to accurately identify the type of bees around your home because they can easily be mistaken for other stinging insects such as wasps or hornets.
There are several different species of bees found in South Carolina. The three main species include:
- Bumble bee: Bumble bees are large, display yellow and black stripes on their hairy abdomens, and hind legs that carry lumpy pollen sacks.
- Carpenter bee: Carpenter bees are medium sized, and generally resemble bumble bees, despite from the thin dispersion of hair on its abdomen.
- Honey bee: Honey bees are smaller, golden-yellow in color, with a thick dispersion of golden hairs on its head.
- Hornet: Hornets are larger than bumble bees, at between 18-38 mm in length, with black and yellow striped coloring, and a long, robust shape.
- Wasp: Wasps are between 16-20 mm in length, Have a solid black or brown color with yellow or reddish markings, and long legs.
- Images of Bees can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Bees
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a bee infestation:
- A large garden full of flowers and other pollinating plants.
- Outdoor furniture that bees can burrow in to, looking for a new place to live.
- Sugary substances left outside, such as a soda spill inside a garbage can.
Bee Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce bee infestations:
- Plant flowers and pollinating plants further away from the house.
- Periodically inspect outdoor furniture for bees.
- Keep garbage cans and patios clean.
- Call a professional pest control service to receive proper treatments of baits and other preventive measures.
A bee infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
Our pricing is easy to understand. Have wasps? We don’t charge extra. Fleas? Same thing. Fire ants? You guessed it, no extra charge. When you choose Action, you don’t have to worry about unexpected charges.
From window cleaner to dish soap, any chemical applied incorrectly can create risk. Action uses products with minimal impact to you, your family, and we are comfortable applying around our own families.
We hire and train the best and it makes all the difference. Our staff answers the phone with a smile, and our technicians are professional and well trained. The Action experience is enjoyable all around.
This is what it all comes down to. We are professionals at keeping the pest activity around your home to a minimum. We know which products work best in each season, and how they affect each pest.
Folks in the Greenville area have trusted us since 1974 to take care of their pest issues. That’s over 46 years! We’ve been a leader in pest control in Greenville, and we plan on being here much longer.
Nobody likes bugs. That’s why we have a service guarantee on all of our pest, mosquito, and termite plans. If the bugs come back, we will too. You can rest easy knowing we will take care of your pest issues.