Action Pest Services provides treatment for black widows. Black widows are spiders that are beneficial to the health of our environment, unfortunately they can give painful and toxic bites to humans or pets when agitated. Although black widow bites are rarely fatal, they can cause dizziness, nausea, and muscle aches.
Black Widow Identification
There are several characteristics that help identify a black widow.
- Black widows bodies are usually between 3 – 10 mm in length, with their legs stretching between 1.5″ – 2″ in length.
- Black widows are mainly black in color, though the females can be a blown dark brown color.
- Black widows are known for their distinct hour-glass shaped red triangle marking on the underside of their abdomen.
- Images of black widows can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Black Widows
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a black widow infestation:
- Leaving old tree stumps, branches, and stick piles around the outside of the house.
- A disorganized garage with clutter and storage on the ground, especially around or leaning up against the walls.
Black Widow Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce Black Widow infestations:
- Tidy up the areas around your home, removing any old stumps, branches, sticks, old play-sets, or other larger toys.
- Clean up and organize the storage space in your garage.
A black widow infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.