Action Pest Services provides treatment for clover mites. Clover mites are tiny red or brown insects that are most active in the cool weather of early spring. Although clover mites do not pose a threat to humans or pets, or cause damage serious to the home or yard, their presence can be unsightly and annoying.
Clover Mite Identification
There are several characteristics that help identify a clover mite.
- Clover mites are tiny insects, smaller than the ball-point of a pen or a pinhead.
- Clover mites are usually a deep-red color but can sometimes be brown or brownish red in color.
- Clover mites have six legs, a small head, and a large abdomen.
- Images of Clover mites can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Clover Mites
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a clover mite infestation:
- Cracks in the foundation, siding, or window panes that serve as points of entry and allow clover mites to come in to the home.
- Old tree stumps, branches, and stick piles around the outside of the house.
- A disorganized garage with clutter and storage on the ground, especially around or leaning up against the walls.
Clover Mite Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce clover mite infestations:
- Remove any vegetation or plants that clover mites like to eat from around the exterior of your home, by at least an 18″ – 24″ berth.
- Inspect the exterior of your home, including the foundation, siding, windows, and doorways regularly to ensure there are no points of entry.
A clover mite infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.