Action Pest Services provides treatment for crickets. Crickets are small, jumping and crawling insects that create the signature “chirp” sound by rubbing their hind legs together to attract a mate. Crickets are not harmful to humans or pets but they can chew up fabrics, and their “chirp” sound can be loud and annoying.
There are several characteristics that help identify a cricket.
- Crickets are usually between 19 mm and 23 mm in length.
- Crickets can be many different colors including black, brown, grey, and green.
- Crickets have six legs, including two large rear legs made for jumping, and a long, slender body.
- Images of crickets can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Crickets
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a cricket infestation:
- Cracks in the foundation, siding, or window panes that serve as points of entry and allow insects to come in to the home.
- Areas within the home that are damp and warm, such as a basement or garage.
- Bright lights above doorways left on all night.
- Old tree stumps, branches, and stick piles around the outside of the house.
Cricket Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce cricket infestations:
- Organize and clean up storage space in basements and garages, especially if they are warm and moist.
- Turn off lights above doorways, because they can attract crickets into the house.
- Inspect the exterior of your home, including the foundation, siding, windows, and doorways regularly to ensure there are no points of entry.
A cricket infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.