Greenville, SC Earwig Control Professionals
Action Pest Services provides treatment for earwigs. Earwigs are small, crawling insects that got their name from the myth that they burrow into peoples ears, but this is not backed by science. Although earwigs can give a painful pinch when agitated, they are not harmful to humans or pets, and do not cause damage to structures but their presence can be unsightly and annoying.
There are several characteristics that help identify an earwig.
- Earwigs are usually between 6 mm and 25 mm in length.
- Earwigs are primarily dark-brown in color.
- Earwigs have six legs, a long and slender body, and large pinchers on the end of its abdomen.
- Images of earwigs can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Earwigs
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of an earwig infestation:
- Cracks in the foundation, siding, or window panes that serve as points of entry and allow insects to come in to the home.
- Areas within the home that are damp and warm, such as a basement or garage.
- Plants that cause shady, moist areas and excess vegetation or mulch around the home.
- Old tree stumps, branches, and stick piles in the yard or around the outside of the house.
Earwig Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce earwig infestations:
- Organize and clean up storage space in basements and garages, especially if they are warm and moist.
- Trim back or remove plants that cause shady, moist areas and excess vegetation or mulch around the home.
- Inspect the exterior of your home, including the foundation, siding, windows, and doorways regularly to ensure there are no points of entry.
An earwig infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
Our pricing is easy to understand. Have wasps? We don’t charge extra. Fleas? Same thing. Fire ants? You guessed it, no extra charge. When you choose Action, you don’t have to worry about unexpected charges.
From window cleaner to dish soap, any chemical applied incorrectly can create risk. Action uses products with minimal impact to you, your family, and we are comfortable applying around our own families.
We hire and train the best and it makes all the difference. Our staff answers the phone with a smile, and our technicians are professional and well trained. The Action experience is enjoyable all around.
This is what it all comes down to. We are professionals at keeping the pest activity around your home to a minimum. We know which products work best in each season, and how they affect each pest.
Folks in the Greenville area have trusted us since 1974 to take care of their pest issues. That’s over 46 years! We’ve been a leader in pest control in Greenville, and we plan on being here much longer.
Nobody likes bugs. That’s why we have a service guarantee on all of our pest, mosquito, and termite plans. If the bugs come back, we will too. You can rest easy knowing we will take care of your pest issues.