Greenville, SC Fire Ants Control Professionals
Action Pest Services provides treatment for fire ants. Fire ants are insects that live in large colonies of over 50,000 or more ants. For the many thousands of worker ants in a colony, there is usually only one queen that will lay every egg. Fire ants dig in to the earth and build mound-shaped nests to house to house the colony. Fire ants can inflict a painful bite and an even more painful string, which can cause a large welt to appear on the skin, and their nests can destroy landscaping and sink foundations.
Fire Ants Identification
There are several characteristics that help identify a fire ant.
- Fire ants are between 3mm and 9 mm in length.
- Fire ants reddish brown in color.
- Fire ants have shiny and smooth abdomens, with large mandibles, and antenna
- Images of fire ants can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Fire Ants
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a fire ant infestation:
- Loose, sandy, soil around the outside of the home, especially around the foundation.
- A messy kitchen with food sources for ants in the form of crumbs or spilled food.
- Cracks in the foundation, siding, or window panes that serve as points of entry and allow insects to come in to the home.
Fire Ants Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce fire ant infestations:
- Remove any loose or sandy soil from the outside of the house and the foundation.
- Keep your kitchen clean and free from and crumbs, food stains, or old garbage.
- Inspect the exterior of your home, including the foundation, siding, windows, and doorways regularly to ensure there are no points of entry.
A fire ant infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
Our Customers are Our #1 Priority
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.