Greenville, SC Flea Control Professionals
Action Pest Services provides treatment for fleas. Fleas are small, jumping, parasitic insects that feed on the blood of humans or animals. Fleas can hop from host to host, and their bite can carry disease from animals to people. Fleas are especially a nuisance to pets as they can live in their fur.
There are several characteristics that help identify a flea.
- Fleas are usually between 2 mm and 4 mm in length.
- Fleas are primarily dark reddish-brown in color.
- Fleas have six legs, are flat shaped, and have antenna.
- Images of fleas can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Fleas
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a flea infestation:
- Uncombed and groomed pets coming in and out all day.
- Dirty and messy spaces inside the house, especially dirty rooms with unwashed bedding.
- Old tree stumps, branches, and stick piles in the yard or around the outside of the house.
- Plants that cause shady, moist areas and excess vegetation or mulch around the home.
- Cracks in the foundation, siding, or window panes that serve as points of entry and allow insects to come in to the home.
Flea Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce flea infestations:
- Regularly groom, comb, and inspect your pets for fleas.
- Organize and clean up the messy areas of your house, especially in your bedrooms.
- Trim back or remove plants that cause shady, moist areas and excess vegetation or mulch around the home.
- Inspect the exterior of your home, including the foundation, siding, windows, and doorways regularly to ensure there are no points of entry.
A flea infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
Our Customers are Our #1 Priority
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.