Action Pest Services provides treatment for German cockroaches. German cockroaches are the most commonly found type of pest throughout the world, and they thrive in close interaction to human spaces. German cockroaches live in, and create, unsanitary conditions within structures and have the potential to expose people and pets to bacteria and pathogens.
German Cockroach Identification
There are several characteristics that help identify a German cockroach
- German cockroaches are usually between 1″ – 3″ in length, they are primarily a light brown or tan color, and have two black stripes running down their back.
- Images of German cockroaches can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for German Cockroaches
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a German cockroach infestation:
- Dirty and messy spaces inside the house, especially a dirty kitchen with old garbage bags and dirty dishes in the sink.
- Warm, humid areas with excess moisture near food sources, especially bathrooms or basements.
- Cracks in the foundation, siding, or window panes that serve as points of entry and allow insects to come in to the home.
German Cockroach Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce German cockroach infestations:
- Keep all areas of the home clean, sanitized, and clutter free.
- Repair and dehumidify any areas of the home with excess, built-up moisture.
- Inspect the exterior of your home, including the foundation, siding, windows, and doorways regularly to ensure there are no points of entry.
A German cockroach infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.