Action Pest Services provides treatment for mice. Mice are mammals that are small, covered in fur, and give birth to live babies. Although the mouse’s origin is in Asia, they are the most commonly found rodent in the world. Mice are active throughout the whole year, but often try to move into structures in the cold of the winter months. Mice are also attracted to homes in search of food. Mice can carry and spread disease to humans and pets, damage structures, and an infestation can be unsightly and annoying.
There are several characteristics that help identify a mouse.
- Mice are usually between 2.5″ – 3.5″ in length.
- Mice are commonly brown in color, but can also be grey or white.
- Mice have a body that is covered in fur, whiskers, and a long tail.
- Images of mice can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Mice
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a mouse infestation:
- Plants that cause shady, moist areas and excess vegetation or mulch around the home.
- Warm, humid areas with excess moisture near food sources, especially bathrooms or basements.
- Cracks in the foundation, siding, or window panes that serve as points of entry and allow insects to come in to the home.
Mouse Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce mice infestations:
- Trim back or remove plants that cause shady, moist areas and excess vegetation or mulch around the home.
- Repair and dehumidify any areas of the home with excess, built-up moisture, and clean up crumbs and spilled food stains in kitchens.
- Inspect the exterior of your home, including the foundation, siding, windows, and doorways regularly to ensure there are no points of entry.
A mouse infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.