Action Pest Services provides treatment for moths. Moths are nocturnal, pollinating, insects that spin cocoons to transform from caterpillars. Many different species of moths can be found throughout the United States, but some of the main species that can become pests are the indian meal moth and clothes moths. Although most moths are not harmful to humans, some species can infest structures, and damage clothes and textiles.
There are several characteristics that help identify an indian meal moth or a clothes moth.
- Indian meal moths are, from wing to wing tip, around 16 mm in length, they are brown in color, and have sections of white and copper-color on their wings.
- Clothes moths are, from wing tip to wing tip, around 16 mm in length, and are beige in color, with a tuft of reddish colored hair on their head.
- Images of moths can be found from the National Pest Management Association »
Conducive Conditions for Moths
There are a few conditions that can increase the chances of a moth infestation:
- Bright lights left on above frequently opened doors all night.
- Messy and disorganized food storage with spilled food.
- Cracks in the foundation, siding, or window panes that serve as points of entry and allow insects to come in to the home.
Moth Control Tips for Homeowners
There are several things homeowners can do to prevent and reduce moth infestations:
- Turn off exterior lights above doorways when the doorway is not in use.
- Clean up and organize any food storage or pantries.
- Inspect the exterior of your home, including the foundation, siding, windows, and doorways regularly to ensure there are no points of entry.
A moth infestation can quickly increase and become a permanent issue. If you have had more than a single outdoor sighting or are already seeing these pests in your garage or home call Action Pest Services for a customized treatment plan.
“Great service, fair price and they work with you. Anytime we've had a problem they were able to help us quickly and very effectively. I highly recommend Action Pest Services.”- Jess E.
“Matt is professional and friendly, great with kids and pets, and obviously cares about the work he performs. Today it was ants and Matt spent over an hour treating inside and outside the house. Action is hands down one of the best.”- Bryan K.
“The whole staff is very nice and very personable. They will walk you through the different pest control programs they offer. If a problem comes up in-between services, they are quick to come back out and treat. I have been a customer for over 8 years.”- Jenn B.